Thursday, April 16, 2009

OpenOpt and I started following someone's Blog

So I carved out a little more time to work with OpenOpt. I ran a built-in example named lp_1.py, since it was a Linear Programming example. By default the example script calls on a solver that is not included with the install of OpenOpt . Below is the line of code. The funny part is read the comment next to it and ponder why would this line be the default?

r = p.solve('cvxopt_lp') # CVXOPT must be installed

Any way you can see my current progress here.

On my journey to find why the example problem did not work by default, I found another blog that has similar interests to mine. Except this blogger seems to have experience in Operations/Decision Science vs. where I am just at the beginning of this journey. So I added myself as a follower to his blog: http://industrialengineertools.blogspot.com/

A good example of where we seem to be of similar interest is this article: http://industrialengineertools.blogspot.com/2009/02/does-software-hinder-innovation-in.html
I look forward to catching up with some of his other posts and future content.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comments about IEORTools. I look forward to reading your posts as well. I enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete